Sardonic Grin Sardonic Grin

minimal dark style

nice minimal style going... i thought the joker samples were pretty cool. the glitchy percussion seems to work well. big bass tones. dark...

Blasted Wastes Blasted Wastes

credits

Actually, I think the guitar stabs sounded fine... blended in well. nice tones on the pianos and pads.
The drums sound very sophisticated... bass sounds pretty good.
you're right about it being for a post-apocalyptic theme... sounds like it could be good for the credits sequence of a sci-fi movie...

Toxic Champagne Toxic Champagne

great

Has a great sound. it almost has a video-game-like feel. . .
wow, excellence at around 1:08, when the lower tones get really fat.
keep up the good work.

culmor30 responds:

Awesome, I will keep it up indeed.

Incurably Insane Incurably Insane

dark

ooh. It's got a nice low tone. Dark and funky. a bit minimal, which is fine. fitting voice samples. keep it up.

SAQP - The Reactor SAQP - The Reactor

sounds like a ticking clock

Well, it ain't Drum n Bass... i think it would go best under the industrial category..... hell, this is experimental music.

Anyways, it sure is minimal, but to me it's worth listening to... at first, i didn't even realize it was a midi drum track... the introduction sounded like a ticking clock. nice fx going, but i would appreciate hearing them come into play more often...

i gotta admit, the community sure isn't open-minded enough to even tolerate experimental music. two votes and this got 0.00/5... this is so above that.

MarshmallowGherkin responds:

thanks for the review. :)

The next time I make another one of these drum tracks I'll try to put more effects in.
As for the community, the way I see it, only the best of the best makes it against the power of their votes. I've found music on here that's 10 times better than mine with votes as low as 2 or 3.
I am still experimenting at finding a way to make music, so the more I make the better it gets. Hopefully. :P

Nikita Nikita

clipping!

I love the style: heavy DnB. however, it's clipping like crazy. i would recommend turning down the levels and putting a compressor on the main fx track. it'll help a lot.

Technical issues aside, it's pretty decent. the wobblin' basses really get some attention. The higher synths don't completely fit in. some pads might to well instead. drums are really good, even if it's just the amen break going on the whole time.

Bottom line: maintaining the right volume levels is the highest priority. do your best to keep the overall volume at or below the 0 db line (fruity compressor ftw).

DJ-BloodWraith responds:

Cheers for the help!
(y)

Vertigo Vertigo

neuro energizer

Hey, that bassline rocks. the main drumline's pretty nice... could use more variation. the higher percussion adds some good touches. funky synths.

Electric-like elements. it's all performing together excellently. structure of the whole song is very fluid.

Keep it up: it's very professional-sounding.

DeFakto responds:

very professional response... ;0

thanks

Blackout: So It Begins Blackout: So It Begins

the middle portion...

The middle segment of the song, breakdown and all, blows me away. it's spectacular.

The rest of the song, the first and last thirds of the song, sound kind of rough. it's probably that atonal synth... sounds like it's too loud. and then there's that one lead on top of that which sounds a bit like an electric guitar: the overtones are too overpowering.

As for the bass, nothing bad there... gets the job done. very good drums as well.

Again, that middle section with the choir and bells... it's godlike, I tell you.

Marks-a-lot responds:

Thanks for the review, hope to hear from you again.

Unholy Bass Unholy Bass

well, holy crap...

extreme bass. extreme with a capital X. drums are massive. powerful kick. that snare sounds great; really unique.
apocalyptic tones. the sequencing on the high synths and the piano... excellent.
keep it up. it really ought to be a bit longer, and with more variation in the elements.

fishfood2021 responds:

Well thank you! :D Thanks for the review.